THE ECOLOGICAL OE TECHNOLOGY
Green, safe and with outstanding stopping performance. Eco-friction® technology allows for low to zero copper brake pad formulations reducing heavy metals and emissions. This on-trend innovation meets the needs of the latest eco-friendly platforms.
- 5 years of dedicated engineering centers
- 1,500 materials tested for a five-star formulation sustaining the same binding effect as copper
- Combo of up to 25 different components: metal sulphides, minerals, abrasives, fibres, ceramic particles and types of graphite
- Fit for all types of vehicles, including hybrids & electrical cars also, highly efficient for electric parking brakes
GREENER, SAFER AND LIGHTER
<0,5% of heavy metals concentration
Particles of copper, zinc or antimony
-60% of emissions through weight loss (pad/disc)
as of distance of 7,000 km
MAKE YOUR GREEN CAR
Electrical and hybrid vehicles have higher brake pad requirements due to no engine-generated noise, regenerative braking, gross vehicle weight and acceleration power. Eco-friction® meets these needs.
- Overall higher stopping performance
- More stable friction level in different conditions
- Higher requirements for noise vibration harshness (NVH)
DIRECTIONAL BRAKE PADS
For a quieter braking system that performs at the same high standards as standard brake pads. Because directional brake pads touch their brake discs at an angle, brake noise, vibrations and harshness (NVH) are reduced to a minimum.
CREATED WITH A CHAMFER
Chamfer directional brake pads use a transitional surface between two sharp edges on the friction surface. This prevents the leading edge of the brake pad from lifting the brake disc, induces even pad wear and reduces noise.
Crescent cut-out directional brake pads cut a crescent shape from the reduction shim on the backing plate. This reduces vibrations and acts as a thermal barrier for even temperature distribution.
HOW TO INSTALL
LESS OXIDATION, INSTANT FIT
Best fitted with Ferodo Eco-friction® brake pads, Coat+ Technology eliminates de-greasing prior to installation and provides excellent corrosion protection for selected applications. All without compromising on performance.
- Outstanding coating to avoid disc service oxidation
- Allowing for immediate fitting of the part
- Covering a wide range of vehicles, including modern top-of-the-range vehicles with alloy rims
STATE-OF-THE ART BUILD QUALITY
- Combining high carbon cast iron braking surface & lightweight aluminium bell
- Connected via a stainless steel pin
MAXIMUM PRECISION & PERFORMANCE
- Enhances braking performance
- Matching in Design & Performance of the latest OE technical innovations
- Up to 30% weight reduction
- Reduced vibrations
- Reduced fuel consumption & emission
THE POWER OF PERFORMANCE
- Result of continuous research & development
- For unmatched driving comfort
- Sporting outstanding durability
To meet the EU emission targets set up for the next 5 to 10 years, a more electrified fleet will be necessary. With barriers like affordability, infrastructure and lack of investment slowly dissapearing, the road to pure electric is opening.
GLOBAL ELECTRIC CAR SALES SOAR
2019 sparked a boom in the worldwide sales for pure eletrical vehicles. With an increase of 92% to 765,000 units sold in 41 different markets in the first half of this year, the electric craze is expected to accelerate further in the upcoming months*. It is an electric revolution that calls for a technical one.
DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY, NEW NEEDS
From reducing the weight of the actuators to lowering brake squeal and mechanical creep behaviour, Ferodo® has already answered this automotive evolution to provide safe braking in all situations, even with a regenerative braking system acting as a generator to turn the car's momentum into electricity. Count on optimal effciency, comfort and performance with every drive.
*JATO Automotive Market Research
ELECTRONIC HAND BRAKE
Increased accuracy, greater efficiency, better emergency control... these are just a few benefits electric hand brakes provide over the traditional system. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the mechanical hand brake is slowly being replaced by today's car manufacturers. What does this greater ease of use, reliability and better functionality mean for your brake pads?
GREATER BRAKE PAD REQUIREMENTS
- High & stable static friction to park vehicle on slopes
- No brake squeal
- No creep groan